We’re excited to share this short video below highlighting TNFW’s important role as guarantor of Wintergreen’s exceptional balance between human and natural environments in keeping with the founders’ original vision.
The effects of global ecological change, population growth and increased demand for The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen (TNFW) programming are driving the need to create a strong endowment to meet our future calling. Your TNFW board launched its Endowment 2025 Campaign with an initial goal of $4 million. This increased endowment will help us become a world-class environmental organization with the financial strength to thrive for decades. We rely, even in these uncertain times, on the support of our dedicated members, property owners, Wintergreen resort guests, and those concerned about protecting our Central Blue Ridge environment for this transformational campaign.
Memberships and your generous annual gifts are critical to our on-going operations. It helps keep the lights on. Beyond that, we must build an endowment to enable TNFW’s future programming and its many benefits for us – and those who will follow us.
It started with a $500,000 grant and a match challenge. Well, we met that challenge in October 2021. And in 2022 we met another challenge from a generous long-time supporter which has brought us to the $2 million level at the halfway point in our campaign.
We are now in the next phase of the campaign to reach $4 million. In addition to your donations and support, you can also help us by:
- Talking to us about pledges and planned giving,
- Introducing individuals who can provide legacy gifts or matching grants in addition to direct donations, and
- Connecting us to organizations and businesses interested in supporting TNFW’s mission.
Ready to give? Please reach out to Amanda Winegar at the Nature Foundation at 434-325-7451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make a gift to Endowment 2025 to help us:
- Increase our ability to monitor and preserve the thousands of acres of Wintergreen mountain forests and open space, both on the mountain and in the valley.
- Select and sponsor research by universities and scientists to improve our understanding of the unique Central Blue Ridge Mountain ecosystem, including effects of accelerating rates of ecological change
- Support area students and school systems by providing hands-on environmental and science education programs; and
- Increase our lecture series, field trips, and naturalist-led hikes for life-long learners of all ages.
Have some ideas for us? Ready to help Endowment 2025 through a grant or by offering a match challenge? Involved with a corporation or foundation that could support building our future? Contact us:
- Doug Coleman at email@example.com or 434-325-7452
- EC2025 co-chairs Don Felling (757-593-9072) and John Taylor (646-571-8185)
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please see TNFW’s full Endowment 2025 video below describing our vision for the future. It showcases TNFW’s conservation, research and education mission to preserve the natural heritage of our Central Blue Ridge Mountains for generations to come.
Endowment 2025 Committee
Don Felling, Co-chair
John Taylor, Co-chair
Emily Ferguson, TNFW President
Terri Brooks, TNFW Treasurer
Doug Coleman, TNFW Executive Director
Amanda Winegar, TNFW Special Events